2 Day Program
Who is this for?
Junior to Mid Level employees. It is especially designed for those whose success is dependent on their ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
What will they learn?
The principles of effective communication. This includes how to communicate more clearly, as well as adapt the tone to suit different situations. They will also learn how to adapt to different personalities, and communicate more assertively.
How is this different to other courses?
- An experiential approach to delivery
- Optional DISC assessment
- Based around a unique communications model (Sender, Express, Channel, Interpret, Feedback)
- Practical tools for instant application
What are the benefits?
- More effective communication
- Improved relationships with customers, vendors and other departments
- Reduced misunderstandings
- Increased productivity
Trainer – Jamie D
- Identify where misunderstandings arise in the communication process
- Improve communication effectiveness throughout the communication process
- Communicate more clearly
- Adapt tone to suit different situations
- Build rapport with various people
- Adapt communication style to suit different people
- Communicate more assertively
- The Communication Process
- Communicating a Clear Message
- Adjusting Message Tone
- Active Listening and Building Rapport
- Business Styles
- Assertive Communication
Day 1 Morning
The Communication Process
Format: Experiential Activity, Group Discussion
- The Communication Game
- Understanding the Communication Process (Sender/Receiver, Express, Channel, Interpret, Feedback)
- Analysing the challenges and best practices for each step of the process
Day 1 Afternoon
Communicating a Clear Message
Format: Experiential Activity, Presentation, Individual Exercise and Group Discussion
- Giving Instructions Game for understanding the principles of effective communication
- Making messages more clear, logical and concise
Adjusting Message Tone
Format: Presentation and Group Practice
- Direct Vs Indirect Language
- Weak Vs Strong Language
- Positive Vs Negative Language
- Formal Vs Informal Language
- How and when to use different tones
Day 2 Morning
Active Listening and Building Rapport
Format: Experiential Activity, Class Discussion and Pair Practice
- Demonstrating and maintaining Active Listening
- The Golden Rule of Human Relationships
- Using Active Listening and The Golden Rule to build better relationships with others
Day 2 Afternoon
Format: Presentation, Group and Class Discussion
- The 4 Different Business Styles
- Recognising our own style and the styles of those we work with
- Adapting our style to gain more acceptance from others
Format: Presentation, Group and Individual Practice
- Defining Assertiveness
- Sharing opinions and disagreeing with Assertiveness
- Giving Assertive Feedback
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can this course be held at our offices?
Yes all of our courses can be held at your workplace. We also have workshops and customized training options. If you wish to know more please contact us.
- Will I need to bring anything on the day?
No you do not need to bring anything apart from yourself and your eagerness to learn. We will provide the rest including pens, worksheets and also lunch.
- What if I decide to cancel? Can I receive a refund?
Due to limited places and availability for each session, you will only be able to cancel by providing us with 2 weeks advance notice of the set date to receive a full refund however you will be able to rearrange and attend a later upcoming course by providing us with at least 72 hours notice.
- Where are your training locations?
Currently we have training locations in some of the major cities of China, Hong Kong, the UK and Ireland.
If this course is of interest to you then please contact us for more information.