2 Day Program
Participants explore the 6 principles or “weapons” of Influence based on the research of Robert Cialdini. Then they will compile their learnings into four key actions for speaking to influence other people that will help them gain support and generate action. Within each of the key actions is a variety of techniques that can help participants efficiently prepare for and deliver their message in a way that increases the likelihood of getting the results they want.
Participants will plan and then practice using the key actions in a real situation from their own working environment. They will then identify specific actions to take back to the workplace to positively impact performance.
Course focus & Benefits:
- Organize their thoughts with a focus on addressing the needs of their listeners and achieving their objectives.
- Encourage desired action by delivering their message clearly and concisely.
- Handle resistance by responding to listeners’ ideas, opinions, and concerns.
- Ensure that their ideas are acted on by developing concrete follow-up plans.
- Share ideas for workplace improvements and innovations geared toward better business results.
Trainer – David D
The facilitator will use a variety of instructional approaches to ensure learning and application:
- Awareness: Each module begins with the introduction of a concept related to the module’s objectives. The concept is examined through discussions, presentations, business examples and cases, and experiential activities.
- Practice: The participants engage in exercises that allow them to practice the skills and strategies associated with high performance. They receive feedback on their strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Application: The participants determine how to apply what they have learned to their individual issues and job situations.
DAY 1 Content:
- Welcome, Introductions, Objectives and Agenda
- Pain Points and Participant Goals
- OPENING Activity: Group Juggle or other Intro
- Experiential Activity: Shoe Raids
Participants will experience confusion and frustration as they navigate their way through organizational obstacles until the appropriate solution is achieved.
Additional Materials: Game Rules and feedback cards
- Activity Debrief (Roles, Challenges, Process, Solution)
- Partner Deep Dive – Current Issues (follow slide)
A facilitator-led partner deep-dive to understand our current situation.
- Group Discussion on Influencers
- Cialdini’s Weapons of Influence (prep flip charts / A4 paper 1 for each)
Facilitator presentation on the ‘Weapons of Influence’
- Social Proof
- Commitment and Consistency
- Small Group Presentations
Presentations Weapons of Influence with business case examples
Day 1 Wrap-Up
DAY 2 Content:
- Recall of Day 1
- Warm-Up: Close Hands Open Hands – Testing your Influencing ability
Discussion – Did you apply any of the 6 principles? What worked?
- Team Exercise: The Star Challenge
Participants engage in a team exercise in which they must manipulate a rope into a pattern (5 point criss-crossed star) following certain rules. No leadership roles are defined, though non-positional leadership is required for success.
- Activity Debrief
- Discussion: Non-Positional Leadership
The facilitator leads a discussion of non-positional leadership, particularly as it relates to leading cross-boundary endeavors.
- Experiencing Challenges – Influencing Cards
Participants will experience confusion and frustration as they navigate their way through organizational obstacles, testing their strategic thinking abilities until the appropriate solution is achieved.
- Activity Debrief
- Iceberg Theory
- Communication Skills: Observation/Questions (Follow slides/workbook)
- Activity: Mini Debate + Discussion
- Bargaining Styles Presentation & Group Activity
Adapting to work with each style (Internal/External Stakeholders) + teach backs
- Asking Questions (follow slides/workbook)
- Peer Action Coaching – Feed Forward (Depends on time and perhaps end of AP)
- Next step/action plans – Tips + Action planning in book
What will participants take away to ensure learning is sustainable and transferable?
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can this course be held at our offices?
Yes all of our courses can be held at your workplace. We also have workshops and customized training options. If you wish to know more please contact us.
- Will I need to bring anything on the day?
No you do not need to bring anything apart from yourself and your eagerness to learn. We will provide the rest including pens, worksheets and also lunch.
- What if I decide to cancel? Can I receive a refund?
Due to limited places and availability for each session, you will only be able to cancel by providing us with 2 weeks advance notice of the set date to receive a full refund however you will be able to rearrange and attend a later upcoming course by providing us with at least 72 hours notice.
- Where are your training locations?Currently we have training locations in some of the major cities of China, Hong Kong, the UK and Ireland.
If this course is of interest to you then please contact us for more information.