Influencing for Success
2 Day Program
Who is this for?
Junior employees to Mid-Level Managers who frequently work with upper level management, other departments and customers and suppliers. It is especially designed for people whose success is dependant on their ability to influence those around them.
What will they learn?
A series of tools to influence the people they work with. These tools focus on 3 areas: Connecting with other people, gaining commitment to action, and encouraging others to accept one’s own viewpoint.
How is this different to other courses?
- A unique and memorable 3 step approach (Connect, Commit, Accept)
- Less theory, more instantly usable tools
- Experiential delivery style
- Utilise personal case studies for immediate application
Trainer – Jamie D
What are the benefits?
- Less conflict, more cooperation
- Builds confidence
- More results
- Identify other people’s needs
- Read other people’s body language and emotional reactions more effectively
- Adapt communication and working style to get more acceptance from others
- Build greater relationships with others
- Approach influencing with more direction and strategy
- Communicate more clearly and with more impact
- Persuade others to take a course of action
- Gain more respect from others
- Express opinions and feedback assertively
- Business Styles
- Active Listening and Building Rapport
- Reflective Listening and Reading Non-Verbals
- Setting Influencing Goals
- Communicating with Clarity and Impact
- Gaining Commitment to Action
- Gaining Respect Through Charisma
- Assertive Communication
Day 1 Morning
Introduction to Influencing Skills
- The 3 Step Approach
Format: Presentation, Group and Class Discussion
- The 4 Different Business Styles
- Recognising our own style and the styles of those we work with
- Adapting our style to gain more acceptance from others
Active Listening and Building Rapport
Format: Experiential Activity, Class Discussion and Pair Practice
- Demonstrating and maintaining Active Listening
- The Golden Rule of Human Relationships
- Using Active Listening and The Golden Rule to build better relationships with others
Day 1 Afternoon
Reflective Listening and Reading Non-Verbals
Format: Presentation and Experiential Activity
- The difference between Active and Reflective Listening
- Recognising other’s emotional states through reading Non-Verbals
Empathy – Understanding Their Perspective and Needs
Format: Presentation, Personal Case Study and Group Discussion
- Recognising Rational and Emotional Needs
- Using Perceptual Positions to reconcile relationship differences
- Applying these tools to develop stronger working relationships
Day 2 Morning
Defining Influencing Goals
Format: Presentation, Individual Practice
- The KFC model (Know, Feel, Commit to)
- Using the KFC model to plan strategies for changing other people’s behaviour
Communicating with Clarity and Impact
Format: Experiential Activity, Class Discussion and Group Practice
- The Giving Instructions Game to identify essential components for effective communication
- The 5 Cs model (Clear, Concrete, Correct, Customised and Concise)
- Using the 5 Cs to to adapt the tone of the message and ensure others understand clearly
Gaining Commitment to Action
Format: Presentation, Case Study and Group Practice
- The Effort/Benefit Matrix
- Using the Effort/Benefit Matrix to gain other’s commitment to action
Day 2 Afternoon
Gaining Commitment to Action (Continued)
Format: Presentation and Group Practice
- The 6 Weapons of Influence (Reciprocation, Commitment & Consistency, Social Proof, Liking, Authority, Scarcity)
- Using the 6 Weapons of Influence to gain other’s commitment to action
Gaining Respect Through Charisma
Format: Presentation and Individual Practice
- Definition and benefits of Charisma
- Developing and projecting Charismatic states
Format: Presentation, Group and Individual Practice
- Defining Assertiveness
- Sharing opinions and disagreeing with Assertiveness
Giving Assertive Feedback
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can this course be held at our offices?
Yes all of our courses can be held at your workplace. We also have workshops and customized training options. If you wish to know more please contact us.
- Will I need to bring anything on the day?
No you do not need to bring anything apart from yourself and your eagerness to learn. We will provide the rest including pens, worksheets and also lunch.
- What if I decide to cancel? Can I receive a refund?
Due to limited places and availability for each session, you will only be able to cancel by providing us with 2 weeks advance notice of the set date to receive a full refund however you will be able to rearrange and attend a later upcoming course by providing us with at least 72 hours notice.
- Where are your training locations?
Currently we have training locations in some of the major cities of China, Hong Kong, the UK and Ireland.
If this course is of interest to you then please contact us for more information.